Mademoiselle Moustache

22/06/2010

Last week, i was in a little antiquity shop in Lisbon, and  i found a collection of old pictures from the 1920's representing Portuguese women with mustaches. Each of them had a perfectly groomed little black mustache. And of course, it stuck in my mind, till now. I just find it fascinating.
My IF "Paisley" took unexpected ways.

10 commentaires:

Amanda Baeza a dit…

AHAHAHAH!!! that's true that's true!!! :)
AHAHAHAH! good morning! this drawing make me smile, fantastic way to start this day...

Até logo!
(I miss your works!)

I should say: I'm not 100% portuguese!

Citrus Tree Designs a dit…

Ewwww. The mustache I mean...the illustration is great!

Suzanna Knight a dit…

I absolutely adore this illustration ! I was at such a loss about what to do with a topic like 'paisley', I love what you did with it.

inward morning a dit…

Thanks everyone for stopping by!
@Amba: glad i made you have a laugh!! so...where are you from originally?
@Citrus Tree Designs: i had the same reaction in the antiquity shop...gross, but somehow charming!
@Suzanna: i'm glad you like it because at 1st, i was a little scared to put it on IF, i thought maybe it's offensive (you never know..)plus it has almost nothing to do with paisley anymore...

Anonyme a dit…

Very effective! The very first thing I noticed was the mustache! I thought "wow it looks like he drew a mustache on this pretty girl!" Then I read the text and laughed a good laugh.

Bravo!

IVYALLOVER a dit…

hahaaa LOVE this wow! The design and the typography is gorgeous - excellent interpretation ♥

inward morning a dit…

thank you ginahief and glad you laughed!! i didn't realise till now, but it's true, the mustache is quite visible, i thought it wouldnt be enough and get lost in the picture!
@ivylover: thx a lot, i really appreciate, the typography work was the starting point of this drawing and then it went somewhere else..

joynevada.com a dit…

haha! I love it!

Pam I Am a dit…

lmao thats crazy! i love this

inward morning a dit…

thanks!!!

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...